Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hanauma Bay


Hanauma Bay is a cove in Oahu with some of the best snorkling. We went twice because we liked it so much and it really sparked my(Alisha) interest and now I want to invest in some snorkle gear. Each time we went it was about 6:15-6:30. If you get there before 7 anyday of the week except Tuesdays, there is free parking and admission. Not many ppl know this. We were tipped off by a local. We usually stay for about an hour to an hour and a half b/c around 8am ppl by the masses start to show up and then it gets crowed and hard to see the sea life.



I had the pleasure of seeing not only two but three of Hawaiis own Honu(sea turtle). They are adorable and very much endangered, so don't touch them and give them their space!

2 comments:

Hettinger Home said...

I remember Hanauma Bay! I can already tell that everytime I read your guys' blog I'm going to be extremely jealous!!
Must save money to visit, must save money to visit ;)

Jimmy and Amie said...

wow, good tip about getting there before 7!!! (AM or PM??) we saw a turtle when we snorkeled there too! totally freaky and cool! miss you!